Trophy essential Vs Competitions

Joan1211

Hello,

I already have the Trophy Essentials addon for a forum that I am planning to launch soon. The main purpose of this addon is to offer a prize to users who are the most involved during the first 3 months.

I would like to understand the difference between this addon and the Competition addon.

While I don't intend to have a forum that constantly offers prizes and competitions, I am curious if the Competition addon might be more suitable for a single event.

I've noticed that it's possible to set a start and end date with the Competition addon, which is not possible with the Trophy Essentials addon.

What is your opinion on the distinctions between these two addons?

Thank you.

The two addons are completely different and do different things.
Trophy Essentials awards trophy points for activity. It doesn’t award prizes and it doesn’t work on limited or set periods of time (so it won’t pick the most active users over a specific three month period).
The Competitions addon is used to award prizes. It can be used to require a specific number of posts and/or positive reactions between the competition start and end date in order for a member to be eligible to win the competition, but the user still has to enter the correct answer to the competition question.
Neither will select the most active users over a set period of time to award them prizes.

Back