Error running Contact Us Essentials

TubeBuddy

Hi,

We installed the Contact Us Essentials on our test forum and it worked great. On our production forum we got the attached error. Any ideas? (here is a link in case the file upload fails 2019-09-04_1432)

Thanks!
Jim

Attachments

• index.png
    index.png
    167.2 KB · Views: 2
What version are you running?
Can you check that you have the friendly URLs setting and the contact settings the same on both forums?

Hi and thanks for the response.

We're running version 2.0.4.

On our test site we do have friendly URLs turned on and on our production site we don't because it was causing some issues. So the only difference in the settings I can see is that on prod for the "Contact URL" we use the "Default" option and on test we use the "Custom" option with the overlay option checked. When I switched our test server to the "Default" option I got the same error, so that does seem to be the cause. Any ideas or other information we can provide?

Thanks!

Also here is the stack trace:

Stack trace
#0 src\addons\M2N\ContactForm\XF\Service\Contact.php(128): XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] Inv...', 'C:\\inetpub\\wwwr...', 128, Array)
#1 src\XF\Service\Contact.php(195): M2N\ContactForm\XF\Service\Contact->getMail()
#2 src\XF\Pub\Controller\Misc.php(81): XF\Service\Contact->send()
#3 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Pub\Controller\Misc->actionContact(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(248): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Misc', 'Contact', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Misc), NULL)
#5 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Misc), NULL)
#6 src\XF\Mvc\Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src\XF\App.php(2178): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src\XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}

and Request State
array(4) {
["url"] => string(23) "/index.php?misc/contact"
["referrer"] => string(54) "Contact us"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["misc/contact"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(7) {
["subject"] => string(8) "jim test"
["message"] => string(8) "jim test"
["_xfRedirect"] => string(10) "/index.php"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(23) "/index.php?misc/contact"
["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

It's actually Chris D who is the developer. I forgot!
It looks like a routing issue.
My settings:
Friendly URLs on.
https://xf2.avforums.com/admin.php?options/groups/basicBoard/#contactUrl
Custom - /pages/contact/
Friendly URLs on
And I've set up a page for directing people to the appropriate contact similar to
Contact Us

Try this. If you're still struggling, please post the error report into the thread on Xenforo where Chris will see it.
Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the response. We decided to update the code throwing the error to just hard code the "to" address to work around the issue. We're only creating a single contact form and that should get us by. Thanks for the help.

Jim

Back